Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Too Bad Tigers

Talk about disappointing. The road to the championship game looked paved in roses (pun intended) for the Memphis Tigers. With point-guard Derrick Rose in their court and a 38-1 season, not to mention 3 seconds to go until a national title, it seemed like a sure thing. And then Kansas' Chalmers sank that 3 pointer.


This season I was that fair-weather Memphis fan - the one who normally doesn't follow their basketball (or football), but when things are looking up, I'm back on board. I feel really bad for the Tigers because I have a feeling they were fighting so hard this year to win back people like me. They seemed to be on a mission, and I imagine that the 38 games they won this season don't mean much of anything right now.


But perhaps my heart goes out to Dori the most... had the Tigers won, she would have received a full refund on her new couch. For what it's worth, it's a REALLY cute couch and worth every penny.


Better luck next year, Tigers.

1 comment:

Dori said...

Girlfriend, thanks for the shout out! But don't feel sorry for those boys. Not only did they set a NCAA RECORD with 38 wins this season, they also brought together a city like Memphis. Hundreds of people met them at the airport yesterday (wish I could have given CDR a big ole hug) and cheered them off the plane. I am still in shock that our 2 best free throw shooters missed 4. Oh well. They have been this good for years. People are just now picking up on it. Next year will be just as good. GO TIGERS!!!!!!