Saturday, November 15, 2008

There must be a Simpsons episode about this


Yesterday I packed Holly in the car and told her we were going to the store to get Daddy a present. She's really into presents these days, so I thought having that information would make her a little more agreeable on our shopping trip.

We went to a particular store (which will remain unnamed in the hopes that SOME of the surprise can be salvaged) where I picked out his gift. Handed over the credit card, picked up the bag, and we were on our way back home.

Fast forward to 6:15 when Matt walks in the door from work... After some hugs and kisses, Holly said to Matt "Daddy present!" He laughed and asked what it was. Before I could stop her (although I must admit, part of me was curious how much she would divulge), she said "Beer!!"

So much for my great gift idea. We laughed and wondered what else she is soaking up that we're unaware of. I've learned my lesson though - keep my mouth shut, because two year olds can't keep a secret.


No comments: