Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom


Yesterday was my sweet mom's birthday and the perfect time to stop for a minute and honor her.

My mom shows her love for her children in so many ways, and in so many ways is a wonderful model for me as I continue to figure out this parenting thing.

So thank you, Mom, for:

- always checking on us when the weather is bad
- dealing with years (and thousands of $$) of dance lessons for Leigh and me
- adoring my daughters and showering them with love
- showing us the importance of giving to others and being generous with our money
- loving Dad, and showing us what it means to respect our husbands
- loving my friends like they were our family
- always wanting to know the name and number where we will be. Even today.
- trusting me, and in that trust giving me freedom
- raising us in the Church - the beginning of a lifelong journey to knowing my Creator and Savior

This is just the tip of the iceberg - there are so many things I am thankful for. And I am very certain that I rarely, if ever, show my gratitude. So on your birthday (or at least the day after...), be blessed and know that you are loved and appreciated.

2 comments:

Papa said...

I rarely have time at work to do non-work things, but something (someOne?) told me to check your blog just now. How my heart welled up with (good) pride and my eyes with tears as I read your honoring of your Mom and the love of my life (37 years this month!).

Thank you Lauren-Babe.

Dori said...

Happy Birthday Debra! I also thank you for loving Lauren's friends!!! Your house might as wel have been my house growing up- what a great house it was.