Tuesday, September 8, 2009

East Tennessee Awesomeness

Matt and I decided to take advantage of the 3 day weekend and spend a couple of days in the Smoky Mountains. What could be better than a weekend of hiking, football, and all the Pigeon Forge tackiness your heart could desire?

Here is our cute cabin...


Game day munchies...



The 8 mile hike in the rain that kicked. my. butt...



Nice to have little reminders of our babies (who were living it up with Nana and Papa)...


OK, here is the actual sign...


And I can't leave out the beautiful sights of Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Matt called it Myrtle Beach in the mountains...



My favorite part? You can get your picture made Wild West style AND GET MARRIED IN THE SAME PLACE! Brilliant!


Sorry for the blurry photos. Matt wasn't real excited about actually stopping at these establishments, so these were taken from a moving vehicle. IF you call going 5 mph all the way down the Pigeon Forge strip "moving."

6 comments:

Papa said...

What, no drive-by photos old thrills like the vertical parachuting wind tunnel or the mile-high bungee slingshot-on-a-crane conquered by Leigh and you back in the 90s?

Holly said...

I tried to get pics of those, but it was nighttime and they didn't turn out. If you can't do it justice, don't do it at all!

Dori said...

Save the Old Tyme Photos/ Weddings idea for me.....classy I said. Classy! You could do my old tyme hair and old tyme makeup.

Jack said...

That IS awesomeness. Love the pics of ya'll in the mountains. Did you recount the days of sorority bat-dodging?

Jack said...

Oh... that was Candace. Shoot.

Holly said...

Oh, I recall the bat-dodging. And Candace directing everyone to "BALL UP!!"