Saturday, March 19, 2011

Milestones

After dinner with neighbors, one being a boy Anna's age who just moved from his crib to a big boy bed, we decided to make the move with Anna. Like, at 7:30 at night. No preparation, no talking it up. Just, "Anna, do you want to sleep in Holly's room tonight?" Here was the reaction:



They both did great! They talked and played for a while, then Holly's giggles turned to, "Shh! We're supposed to be sleeping!" Anna continued to talk and sing, and I realized Holly had fallen asleep when I heard Anna say, "Holly! Holly? Come here?"

I'm not declaring victory yet, but here's to one successful night in a big girl bed. And two big girls in one room.


1 comment:

Papa said...

Awesome!! Reminds me of being in the same bedroom with my two younger brothers back in 1957. It was great and we tried hard to stay up and not let Mom and Dad know. Little did we know they had a wired, two-way intercom...We obviously were not to be trusted. Love it!