Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa!

Holly and I returned Monday from a long weekend in Memphis with Nana, Papa, and Aunt Leigh. I think Holly's favorite part of the trip, though, was Bud, my parents' golden retriever. She climbed on him, played the drums on him, pulled his hair, poked his eye, and nearly choked him trying to play with his "necklaces." Oh, she definitely loved being spoiled rotten by her grandparents, aunt, and family friends. But show her a dog and she's in heaven. And good ol' Bud, he was fine to let her amuse herself at his expense. Meanwhile, I got to spend great time with my sweet sister and 3 of my oldest (meaning longest!) and best friends - Rachael, Dori, and Carrie. We went to Memphis to surprise my Dad for his birthday, but in the end I feel the biggest blessing was mine. Great friends, wonderful family - I couldn't ask for more!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Love it. More posts, please!!!

Papa said...

With no intent to differ with Lauren-Babe regarding who received the biggest blessing that weekend, but clearly I did! First, I looked up from my desk in my office at work to see Lauren and Holly in my doorframe saying "Happy Birthday Papa, surprise!" And then two hours later, Lauren's sister Leigh walked into our den at home while I was talking to her on the cellphone (knowing she was 400 miles away in Bentonville). Now that's a blessing in triplicate!

I love you!

Papa Butler

LeighDean said...

It is always a blessing when we are all able to be together. I only wish we had more weekends like that one where we are all together:)