Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Matthew!






We had a good Father's Day in the Rife house, I think. We spent Saturday with our good friends Matt and Candy Stevens, having what Matt R. called "Brewmaster training." I got him a beer kit for Christmas that has been sitting in the garage all these months, waiting to be brewed into the delicious pale ale it was meant to be. So yesterday, Matt S. shared his brewing wisdom and now we have a 5 gallon carboy of beer fermenting in the crawl space. What have I started? Today we had lots of family time, which felt long overdue. Church in the morning, an afternoon at home and playing in the yard with Holly, and then a spontaneous dinner at the Brick Store with Beth, Aaron, and Ian Fortner. It wasn't extravagant, but hopefully the little things added up to make Matt feel loved, special, and appreciated.
How blessed I am to have such wonderful fathers in my life - my own wonderful dad, a terrific father-in-law in Lew, my sweet husband, and my loving Heavenly Father. I love this Hallmark holiday.






No comments: