Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Like father, like daughter?


Matt's parents have told me stories about how he used to play "office" in his closet. He would shut the door and pretend to be hard at work conducting his business matters (like lining up his Matchbox cars). His MiMi even bought him a couple of secondhand blazers at a yard sale to complete the fantasy.

I, on the other hand, played Barbies and school. Throw in a Cabbage Patch doll or two, and I was in heaven. I watch Holly and often think I see a little engineer or analyst in her. It's so fun to watch her personality develop and see who she's more like, and in what ways. More than anything, though, she seems to be turning into her own little person. She's also got a flair for the dramatic...I think her dream is to make it to Hollywood and guest star on Sesame Street. We'll see...

No comments: