Monday, July 21, 2008

Toddler tales

I have two funny (sort of) Holly stories from today... This morning, I caught Holly sitting on the kitchen floor with something in her mouth. I scolded her for eating something off the floor (because I'm pretty sure it wasn't food). Then, in what seemed like an act of total defiance, she picked up something else off the floor and put it in her mouth. This time, my patience very thin, I raised my voice and said "Didn't I just tell you not to eat things off the floor??" She immediately stood up, stuck her lower lip out, and started tearing up. She ran away from me, and I followed her to the hallway by her bedroom. I had an idea where she was headed... Sure enough, she sat down on the floor right by her bedroom door. This is her time out spot. She had put herself in time out. Broke my heart. The moral of this story - keep your kitchen floor clean.

Second story... Tonight, Matt was going through his nightly ritual of getting Holly ready for bed. As usual, after brushing her teeth, he brought her out to say goodnight to me. I gave her a kiss, then noticed her staring quizzically at me. After two or three seconds of pondering, she said, "chocolate?". Before walking into the living room, I had eaten several M&Ms, which were apparently still on my breath. I was totally busted sneaking chocolate before dinner by my 21 month old.

Come to think of it, that's probably what she was eating off the floor this morning...

3 comments:

Dori said...

"I like to eat pizza off of the floh--er"..............will never be forgotten. You had to know that comment was coming!

Anonymous said...

To funny, I have learned it's impossible to sneak chocolate around our Luaren...she can smell it on my breath from a mile away, hours after I eat it!
Jen

Daniele Valadares Flickinger said...

I love it Lauren! So cute so cute!