Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm back!





Do you ever feel so behind that you just don't know where to begin to get caught up? That's how I've been with the blog lately... I let a few too many days go by, and all of a sudden I've taken a full blown summer break. Well, here's a quick summary of what's been going on in the Rife household over the past few weeks...


1) Beer-tasting day finally arrived! For those of you who are curious, and not close enough to get a taste of the home brew for yourselves, it turned out really well for a first attempt. Matt's already made notes about how to improve the next time around...

2) Dori came to visit us (or should I say to visit Holly?). I hope she doesn't kill me for posting this picture of her in yard clothes - she was helping me plant some flowers in pots (BTW Dori, when she sees her Dora the Explorer coloring book, she says "Aunt Dowee!")

3) The Bonassos came from Pittsburgh. They left us last August to return to their PA roots, so it was a fun reunion! Holly and Louis are the same age and had become pretty tight, but I'm not sure if they remembered each other. But Holly's still talking about him...

4) Holly started school! Well, she started Mother's Morning Out two days a week, but since it requires a lunchbox, that's school in my mind.


Sorry for the long hiatus, and I'll do my best to be more consistent with updates from now on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing well. And I have to say I rather like the Old 97's t-shirt Dori must have borrowed!
Jen

Dori said...

No, I came to see Holly AND buy new jeans :)

DeLine Family said...

Can't believe it took me this long to find your blog! Love it!! At least I'll be able to keep up with y'all this way since we always seem to miss each other at church.
Hudson is in MMO Tues & Thur...let me know if you ever want to do something (with or without the kiddos)!!!