Sunday, August 24, 2008

Not a burp, but a...


I apologize in advance for the crudeness of what you are about to read, but I can't help but share. Here is an actual scenario that took place at our dinner table tonight:


- Holly passes gas...loudly

- I tell her to say "excuse me"

- Holly instead says "I burped"

- Me: "No, you passed gas."

- Matt: "We are not saying 'passed gas' in this house."

- Me: "What are we saying? I'm not allowing us to say 'fart'."

- Matt: "We'll say 'toot'. Holly, you tooted."

- Holly: "Toot. I tooted."


There was more to the scene, which involved Matt telling her how a toot is different than a burp, but I'll spare you. I'll also spare you a photo that corresponds to this story, and instead share a sweet, smiling photo of Holly.


I hope I haven't scared you away from this blog.

5 comments:

Dori said...

Oh my- the goings on of the Rife dinner table. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding... First class parenting!

Sharaze Colley said...

I seriously laughed out loud over this. Awesomeness.

Candace said...

HILARIOUS!

Candace said...

ps- lisa would be proud. I think "toot" was her word of choice.