Monday, December 22, 2008

Anna's Here! A month overdue announcement...


I owe an apology to my second-born. I promised I would not be the parent that takes fewer pictures of you or never gets around to making a scrapbook of your first months of life. I have failed to deliver on my promise - your bedroom (Holly's old room) still has pictures of Holly in the frames and some of her toys in the closet. And now one month has passed and I'm just getting around to posting an announcement of your arrival. But it is not for lack of love! Quite the opposite... it is out of pure love and devotion for you that moments spent holding you, rocking you, feeding you, and introducing you to life (crazy life!) with your precious sister take priority over pictures and scrapbooks. And even blog posts. I definitely want lots of pictures to record these first months and years, but we'll get to that. Right now, in these sleep-deprived and hazy days, I'm enjoying just enjoying you.


And my apologies to those of you who are just learning about Anna's birth! You must be wondering if she is a month overdue.


Anna Caroline Rife

November 19, 2008

8:08 pm

8 lbs 8 oz.


(I try to keep Facebook fairly updated with photos. If you're not on FB, you can check this link: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011456&l=df807&id=1171625296)

5 comments:

Candace said...

WOW- What a beauty!!!! I love it! And good for you, momma... That time to snuggle and sleep and soak it all in is so important! Keep up the good work! We love you.

Mike said...

Whoa!!! I was wondering what was going on and then it was like "Oh yeah...new baby on the way!"

I can't believe she's been here a month already! Super cool stuff again as the Rife clan continues to grow and build up an army of super cute baby girls. Although I guess Holly's not really a baby anymore... They just keep growing up.

Congratulations Matt & Lauren on this newest addition of awesomeness to the family! :)

Sharaze Colley said...

Awwww!!!! Congratulations! She is so cute! I love her great, big eyes!

Papa said...

I'm having Anna-withdrawal already (and Holly-withdrawal too). Job market's not bad in Nashville....

Dori said...

this post made my day!