Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Welcome Abygael!





On Monday, December 29th, Leigh and Dean went to the hospital at 5 am to be induced. Many hours later, Abygael Campbell Dean entered the world. She's a healthy 7 lbs 3 oz (so much for all those predictions that this was going to be a big baby) with the cutest mop of dark hair.

To Abygael: we can't wait to meet you and kiss you and introduce you to your sweet cousins. And to Leigh: aren't you still 15?? How can it be that you are married, working, and now a mother? Where did the time go? I wish more than anything that I was with you to hug you, hold Abygael, and talk through all the fears and questions I know you will have. But with a newborn myself, that will have to wait a while. Know that I am praying for you, Dean and Abygael. I pray for wisdom when she's not eating or sleeping well. I pray for patience when the crying seems to be too much. Perhaps most of all, I pray that you will soak up every bit of joy this new life will bring you. Remember that she is God's child, and He has entrusted her to you as a precious gift.

Well, my Anna is calling, so I must go for now. Until I can see you in person, I'll see you on Facebook.

Abygael Campbell Dean
12-29-08
7 lbs 3 oz
19 inches

2 comments:

Candace said...

Congrats, Aunt Lauren and congrats, Mommy Leigh! There is just nothing like the miracle of life...

Papa said...

That's my question too. Where did the time go? It seems like just the other day when the four of us went looking at Christmas lights a few days before Christmas. Those days were great. These days are better. I love all my girls so much!