Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holly-isms


Holly has been cracking me up lately. Every day, in her attempt to act like a grown-up, she says something so off the wall. I always try to remember them to tell Matt when he gets home, but always forget. So while I'm thinking about it, I'll jot a few down. I hope they're slightly as amusing for you.

1) Yesterday, I walked away from her in her room. She ran after me, saying "Mommy! My mommy!" When she reached me, she said "I was worried about you!"

2) She tells us all the time that "That would be a good idea!" Example: I told her we should eat outside, since it was warm out. She kind of nodded. Then I said we should eat in the backyard since we'd eaten on the front porch the day before. She said "That would be a good idea!"

3) When I say "thank you" she tells me "good manners!" and claps.

4) When Matt says "excuse me" after burping, she also says "good manners!" and claps. This doesn't happen often (and I'm not talking about Holly...).

5) When we see each other after having been apart (which is usually when we're in different rooms, since we're together all day) she runs to me and says "I'm so happy to see you!" That's the best.

6) She loves chocolate
, and she knows if anyone around her has been eating it from the smell of their breath. Yesterday when I hugged her after she woke from her nap, she smelled my breath. She looked like she was about to say something, but then moved on. I said, "Wait - tell me what you were thinking." She said "I smell chocolate. Smells like brownie."

7) She thinks her name is spelled H-O-L-Y. We reinforce that extra "L" but it never makes it in.

8) When she gets excited about something (usually chocolate) she grins from her to ear, clasps her hands together, and says "I am so exciting!" Matt and I are in no hurry to correct that one. It's just too cute.


4 comments:

Candace said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!
Love that Holly!
And no doubt, the Lord has called Holly to holiness unto Himself.
I couldn't help but think of I Peter 1:15... "But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy.'"
So maybe she'd prophetically mistaken?

Holly said...

I love that Candace! I'm claiming that for Holly for sure!

Dori said...

Love these updates. I can just imagine her saying these things with every ounce of seriousness in her body.

Mike said...

That is freaking hilarious. I love how she's so approving of your good manners!

Awesome stuff...