Friday, February 13, 2009

One more...

I had to add this to the list of quirky Holly-isms...

The other day I was reading a book to Holly. I noticed she was distracted and quickly stopped paying attention. I closed the book and said, in what I'm sure was an exasperated tone, "I guess you don't want me to read to you."

Then I noticed the calculator in her hands. She looked up briefly and said, "I'm just checking my email" and then went back to clicking away on the buttons.

Ah, the joys of 21st century parenting...

3 comments:

Dori said...

awesome, just awesome. Holly has a crackberry.

Roknmama said...

Hi Lauren,
This is aunt Carrie. Just now read your blogs. Wanted to let you know we are praying for you! Bless your heart-sounds like you just got a lot on your plate. But you know you will get thru it--sometimes one day at a time is all you can ask for! My advice to you is this,
as long as the days may seem, and how much you may be overwhelmed by the girls, one day you will look back on this and wonder where all the time went! I know this, because I often think this when I look at your "23" year old cousin Nicole! And then I remember when you were our flower girl in 1982 and how your sister Leigh was barely a year old when we married.
This year we celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. All I can say, is treasure these days as much as you can and keep in your heartl And keep loving 'HOLY Holly' all thru those trying times. One day you'll be blogging her with the same advice, and you'll ask yourself" "Where did all the time go?"
Hang in there and we love ya!
I have a blog too, but I can only write in it about every 3 months, not nearly as exciting as yours!
It's Rockin 4 Jesus Lovin the Java.

Sharaze Colley said...

That's so awesome!

Mike gave Autumn a broken blackberry from his work and she loves it. She has very intense typing and talking conversations with someone. :P