Sunday, February 17, 2008

Holly's Blanket


I was really attached to my blanket as a child. Okay, I was pretty attached to my blanket as an adult. In college, a few "friends" (you know who you are) thought it would be funny to steal my baby blanket. Those were some of the worst nights of sleep of my life (I slept on it like a pillow! Nothing unnatural or weird). A week or so later, we walked into our sorority chapter room for a meeting, and there it was in all its ragged glory, hanging from the ceiling like a flag. I'll never forget the relief - and horror - I felt that moment.



It appears Holly may be headed for the same fate. She loves - and I mean LOVES - the blanket her Aunt Megan gave her. Since she was 4 months old, the two have been pretty much inseparable. She has sucked the corners so much that they're stained brown. Matt seems a little concerned about the attachment, but I say let it be. I mean, I turned out all right, didn't I? :)

3 comments:

Candace said...

Like mama like daughter! Love it!

Nana said...

Lauren,
Your blanket sure got you through of rough times. From a very young age to Junior High, High School and of course college. Your sister was the same way. The blanket helps out the grandparents when we babysit. Holly will be o.k. Holly is really a happy
little girl.
Love,
Mom

Dori said...

Don't forget the vineger smell that goes along with the brown corners. Ahh, no box of Tide can rid the blanky of that! Good thing I wuv that girl! Weird smellin' blanket and all!