Monday, March 24, 2008

Mama's girl

Holly has never been the most affectionate little person. She'll let you hold her for a minute but then pretty much wants to be left alone. But lately she's been showing her snuggly side. Sometimes when I'm sitting down, she'll back into me and sit down in my lap. Just today she started running to me in the kitchen and hugging my leg. My favorite is when she walks into a room and says "Mommy?" to let me know she's looking for me. Not exactly cuddly, but sweetly attached nonetheless. I love her independent spirit, but a little baby love is good for this mom's soul.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you and Holly both look beautiful in that picture. Seeing you together she looks a lot like you. Was in memphis last week and had lunch with Dori, so good to catch up. (although a little sad sitting in an Olive Garden on the exact spot where we spent so much time at Cafe Espresso). She told me all about Holly and what you guys are up to. She is definitely a cutie. Have a great week!
Jennifer

Dori said...

I agree with Jen- she is starting to favor you a little more. (Although Matt can still take most of the credit)

Jack said...

What an adorable picture!!!!
SO cute.
Love you girls!
Candace

Mike said...

It's kind of funny how the grass always seems a bit greener elsewhere...

Sometimes I think it'd be kind of nice if our kid wasn't quite so affectionate and would spend some more time by herself and not wanting to be held or around us. I should be and am grateful when I think of the alternative.

Still maybe they could swap a teeny bit of each others abundance! :P