Friday, March 28, 2008

It's a Girl!


I'm not big on hairbows - don't get me wrong, they look precious on little girls. But I'm pretty simple when it comes to accessorizing myself, and I imagine I'll be the same way with Holly. Well, Holly is almost 1 1/2 and she still is mistaken for a boy. She can be wearing all pink, holding a baby doll, and the cashier at the store will say "He's so handsome! How old is he?" I find myself longing for Holly to grow enough hair to hold a bow.


Yesterday, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Here is a picture of Holly with her very first bow! Granted, there are only three strands of hair in the barrette and as soon as she turned her head, it fell out. But no one could look at this picture and think she's a boy! At least I hope not.

(Please don't tell me to tape a bow to her head. I just can't do it.)

5 comments:

boo said...

I'm sitting with NaNa looking at all the pictures.We have alot to be thankful for. Love you all!

Aunt Boo

Candace said...

What? No syrup or glue on your daughter's head? :)

I totally understand having a daughter "as bald as a ping pong ball," as my midwife put it.

It was when AG turned two, I think, when we could finally hold an accessory in our hair. And now, that's all she wants to wear...

In any case, you've got a super cute and sweet little girl!

Dori said...

You really shouldn't put bows in your sons hair- it might give him an identity crisis. He already plays with baby dolls......oooopsy.

Dori said...

PS. GOOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!
Mama wants a free couch :)

Mike said...

Lol! That is some great stuff!

Keep this on the down low, but I know someone who might be able to donate some of their excess follicles. Just had a recent cut and it's almost time for her weekly back shave... ;P