Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Coffee Break


I sat down at the computer this morning with just a few moments to enjoy my coffee before the craziness of the day began. Knowing I had just minutes before one or both girls would wake up, but feeling the need to feed my soul some Truth to start the day, I visited my friend Candace's blog and prayed "Please let there be a new devotion!" Candace has an amazing and ever-growing heart for God, and the gift to share His heart through words. This morning I needed some words.

I read this post from Monday and wanted to share it. Interestingly, most of it is taken from another woman's blog (so this is a post of a post of a post of a another website - confused?). I related to this mom's words, and I wanted to share them. It's not just for moms, or women. It's a reminder for all that God sees as as we were created to be, and who He is making us to be.

Thank you, Candace, for using your gifts to build up the body of Christ.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Thanks, Lauren!

You know I was thinking about it...

You have really given me quite a picture of the patient Father's eyes yourself... loving me and being my friend even at a time in my life when I was at my ugliest and furthest from the Lord.

I love you, dear friend!!!!

Holly said...

It's amazing how God uses us wherever we are in the journey. God used you and our little core group to teach me so much about Himself in those days. When you felt furthest from the Lord, He was using you to bring me closer. Only God could work like that!