Friday, January 16, 2009

Naptime





So, let me tell you about the last hour. I took Holly upstairs for her nap and could tell this might be a rough one. She was pretty wound up and playful. I've wondered for a few weeks now if she's getting close to dropping her naps altogether, as they're getting shorter and shorter. But Mommy isn't ready for that, so it's not happening. Well, not without a fight.

I get downstairs and immediately hear "Mommy! Mommy!". When I went back in to check on her, Holly said "I'm all done!" Really? Don't think so. I came back down.

About 2 minutes later I hear her at the top of the stairs. When I got there, she said "My fingers! My fingers!" With a sinking and knowing feeling I asked what was on her fingers. Yep, she said it. "Poop." Got her cleaned up (I think? Who really knows where else it could be?) and put her back in bed.

Then, "Mommy! Mommy!" This time I needed to hug her animals goodnight. Hugged the gloworm and the tiger. Back downstairs.

Then I hear her on the monitor, playing with toys in her room. A few minutes go by, and then... "Mommy! Mommy! I need help with my sheets!" I go upstairs and pull the sheet and blanket over her. With a stern "I'm not coming in here again" I left the room. She must have believed me, because I haven't heard her again (I'm still waiting as I type this). I'm glad she believed me, because I don't think I believed myself. The truth is, the whole thing has been pretty amusing. I'm sort of curious what she might come up with next...

Well, Anna's nap is officially over. So much for coordinating naptimes.

5 comments:

Dori said...

Holly and Anna have the same size head.......or is the camera fooling me?

Holly said...

Either Anna has a massive "heed" or Holly has a shrunken head... Actually, I only seem to get pics with Anna in the foreground, so everything looks bigger.

Candace said...

Oh my... makes my heart melt just seeing those sweet little ones. I KNOW how crazy you can feel without coordinating nap times, but hang in there... you'll make it! AG is still on the napping train (Praise the Lord in heaven above!!!!!!!) That hour of quiet is absolutely amazingly therapeutic.

Oh... they are so beautiful, Lauren. And little Anna looks so much like her big sister! So sweet.

Papa said...

What awesome little angels. Nobody naps when next I'm there. I gotta make up for lost time.

Mike said...

Man, that is classic!

I mean what's cuter than getting called back and forth multiple times for such things as hugging inanimate objects and cleaning poop off hands?!

And people say parenting is tough. Bah! :P

ps: Love the "who knows where else it could be" comment!