Monday, November 1, 2010

We're back!!

Thanks to some encouragement from some sweet friends, I'm resuming my blog. I took an unintentional summer break...we had a season when our lives were really busy but not especially interesting. So a week turned into a month, which turned into two, which turned into nearly forgetting my blogger.com password.

I'll give you a few highlights of the previous few months for the Rife family
. Hopefully it doesn't leave you thinking, "no wonder she hasn't had much to say!"

August included a girls' trip to Vegas: my mom, her sister Bonnie, my sister Leigh, and myself. Fun, fun times!



We also took the girls to a Braves game. We made it through at least 5 innings, and this time actually got to see some baseball!



In September, Matt and I took the girls for our first real family vacation with just the 4 of us. We went to the Blue Ridge Mountains and had a great time picking apples, hiking, and enjoying the end of summer (or so we thought...who knew summer would hang around until mid-October?).




In October, Holly got to celebrate her birthday twice. In Greenville for her actual birthday, with Grammy, Pappy, Uncle Kelly, Aunt Megan, and Evan...



...and with Nana and Papa and our incredible neighborhood friends for her Little Mermaid birthday party. My baby is 4!




And to bring you fully up to speed, a few pictures from our Halloween festivities. Anna made a cute peacock, but a compliant one she was not. Spending $17 on a costume was enough to make the battle worthwhile.








Sorry for all the photos, but sometimes pictures just tell a better story. Especially when there are 4+ months of stories to tell.

See you again soon!

3 comments:

Papa said...

Back, by popular demand! Yeaaa!

Candace said...

Hooray! I LOVED every picture and it makes me miss you even more. I love you and your beautiful family. Thanks for posting!!!

Meredith said...

Woo hoo! As my sister-in-law would say, "Lord I love a blog". lol Your girls are so beautiful and I love the mermaid costume:) I'm also impressed that you made it through 5 innings of baseball...holy cow!