Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun with pretend play


In the last couple of weeks, Holly entered the brand new phase (for us) of make-believe. All those stuffed animals that used to just sit in her basket are now her friends, and her baby dolls need frequent naps and diaper changes just like Holly. They sometimes even have to sit in time out.


The other day Holly put one of her babies in her new baby doll stroller (thank you Aunt Boo!!) and walked her up and down the hallway, saying something that was at first unintelligible. I soon realized she was saying "Going to Starbucks! Going to get a coffee!" Grammy and Pappy, I think Holly misses those walks to Starbucks in downtown Greenville!


I love this stage - I'm getting to see more of the little person Holly is becoming. While there are plenty of babies being dropped (thrown?) on their heads, she almost always follows it up with a kiss and "Poor baby. All better now." That's somewhat reassuring, since there will be a real little baby in her world soon. I did only say somewhat.


As I write this, she is in the living room, feeding coffee to her baby doll and stuffed llama. And I have a few precious minutes to myself. Thank you, God, for imaginations.


1 comment:

Candace said...

Oh, that is so sweet. I love the sweet little pats the animals got.
We are all about the world of make believe. Love it and live it everyday. :)