Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Holly and her big girl bed



Above are a couple of pictures of Holly's new room. She's been sleeping in her big girl bed since last Friday, and has adjusted wonderfully (to my amazement!). I was terrified of taking this step, as this girl LOVED her crib. But she was super excited about the transition and has slept through the night every night! She can climb in and out of her bed through a gap between her bedrail and footboard, but she hasn't been brave enough to try it. Until today...

When I went to get her up from her nap this afternoon, I noticed a lot of light coming from under her door. I thought it was odd, since I had closed the blinds before walking out of her room. I opened the door and this is what I found (see below). Blinds open, hat on her head (and a few in her bed), toys and books all over the floor.

She has discovered freedom. I am just hoping I don't walk in tomorrow morning to find her curled up in her bookcase...








1 comment:

Candace said...

Love the room!
And sleeping in bookcases can be okay. My motto is that it doesn't matter WHERE you sleep, just that you sleep at all. Yay for the smooth transition and for the new found freedom!
Go Holly go!